This might have been a short week in Singapore, but make no mistake, it’s still been a very productive one!
Now it’s time to enjoy the long weekend. If you have time, I hope you enjoy the following articles on working abroad, creativity, focus, success, and French culture.
1. How to Successfully Work Across Countries, Languages, and Cultures - Global work orientation can be incredibly valuable for anyone working for multinationals or in other global careers.
2. Can 10 Minutes of Meditation Make You More Creative? - What do you do when you run out of good ideas? How do you “get your mojo back”?
3. 4 Signs That Your Focus Is Holding You Back at Work - When you slip into your daily focus routine, its adverse effects may not always be obvious. Here are some common symptoms of too much focus.
4. 3 Things Successful People Do Differently - Take a look at three of the things successful people do that most of us don’t.
5. French Ingenuity - The cultural identity which France has forged over the years seems to be resistant to change and it will certainly be interesting to carry out this analysis again in 50 years’ time.
BONUS: When Workers Own Companies, the Economy is More Resilient
Another economic reality is possible -- one that values community, sustainability and resiliency instead of profit by any means necessary. Niki Okuk shares her case for cooperative economics and a vision for how working-class people can organize and own the businesses they work for, making decisions for themselves and enjoying the fruits of their labor.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone
We are in the Skills Business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams, and individuals. As our clients are in the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context.
Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our service. Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
As busy professionals, our schedules are often filled to the brim with meetings and tasks to complete. We can get so caught up with work that we might even forget our all-important lunch and power through dinner as well. Alas, we can only do so much given the 24 hours we have in a day. While time management is vital, being productive is another matter in its entirety.Enter time batching.