I hope you’ve had a great week! Whether the days flew by, or it felt like an uphill battle, every step brings you closer to your goals. I hope that amidst your busy-ness, you’ve still taken the time to explore new knowledge to grow yourself. This week I’ve shared a few articles about improving how you work, and run your business. Enjoy!
- Boost your Focus with Exercise and Nutrition - How do you handle a situation in which the incentives seem to be telling you to do something you believe is bad for your customers and clients, or maybe even illegal?
- Interview with Safran Executive Board Member Ross McInnes - Born in Calcutta to Australian parents and brought up in France as a naturalised French citizen, Ross McInnes discusses the impact of ‘dual culture’ on his career.
- Leaders Can Turn Creativity into a Competitive Advantage - Tim Brown discusses the importance of shifting towards creative competitiveness (the capacity of organizations and society to create, embrace, and successfully execute on new ideas), and how we can foster it.
- What to Do When You Feel Pressured to Do the Wrong Thing at Work - Joseph L. Badaracco, author of Managing in the Gray shares his advice on how to deal with difficult ethical situations at work.
- Why Better Posture May Improve Your Productivity - With several studies indicating that good posture may actually increase your positivity, productivity and creativity, one journalist decided to give it a go. Here are his findings.
Bonus: As work gets more complex, 6 rules to simplify
Why do people feel so miserable and disengaged at work? Because today's businesses are increasingly and dizzyingly complex — and traditional pillars of management are obsolete, says Yves Morieux. So, he says, it falls to individual employees to navigate the rabbit's warren of interdependencies. In this energetic talk, Morieux offers six rules for "smart simplicity." (Rule One: Understand what your colleagues actually do.)
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone
We are in the Skills Business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams, and individuals. As our clients are in the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context.
Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our service. Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
As busy professionals, our schedules are often filled to the brim with meetings and tasks to complete. We can get so caught up with work that we might even forget our all-important lunch and power through dinner as well. Alas, we can only do so much given the 24 hours we have in a day. While time management is vital, being productive is another matter in its entirety.Enter time batching.