What a week! We hosted our first Smart Workshop of 2017 with over 30 leaders from the APAC business community where Jean-Louis Petibon, Senior Akteos Advisor, shared his insights into executive career development. If you’d like to receive the outputs from this Smart Workshop, register your email here.
I’ve also enjoyed reading the latest thinking from across the internet about how to be more productive, win with automation, and fight procrastination. I’ve picked out my favourite articles for you here. Enjoy!
- Is Your Cell Phone Killing Your Productivity At Work? We multitask so much with our phones, that it may be killing our productivity at work.
- Most work emails are opened within 6 seconds — here’s how it affects your productivity - If you keep checking your email through the day, you will never get anything done.
- Urgent Vs. Important: The Simplest Way to Stay Productive and Do the Right Work - One way to figure out what is most important is to use the Eisenhower decision matrix.
- How to Win with Automation (Hint: It’s Not Chasing Efficiency) - The first challenge for business leaders facing a new age of automation is not try to simply to cut costs, but to identify the next big area of value creation
- How to Get Your Team to Follow Through After a Meeting - Getting to a higher level of completion on action items leads not only to exponential progress toward goals, but also to a tremendous sense of accomplishment — both personally and for the group.
- Entrepreneurs Must Balance Specialisation With General Knowledge - Pure generalists have no particular advantage in entrepreneurship; what is needed in the ideal entrepreneur is one area of specialisation combined with general knowledge.
Bonus: Asking for help is a strength, not a weakness
We all go through challenges — some you can see, most you can't, says Michele L. Sullivan. In a talk about perspective, Sullivan shares stories full of wit and wisdom and reminds us that we're all part of each other's support systems. "The only shoes you can walk in are your own," she says. "With compassion, courage and understanding, we can walk together, side by side."
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone
We are in the Skills Business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams, and individuals. As our clients are in the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context.
Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our service. Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
As busy professionals, our schedules are often filled to the brim with meetings and tasks to complete. We can get so caught up with work that we might even forget our all-important lunch and power through dinner as well. Alas, we can only do so much given the 24 hours we have in a day. While time management is vital, being productive is another matter in its entirety.Enter time batching.