When I hear on Fridays someone saying "another week is over, I am so glad"... I am thinking "I wish it was not". There is so much more I want to achieve, to enjoy, to experience ! I am sure you do too.
Here are six of my favourite articles from the past seven days!
- A 5-Step Process to Get More Out of Your Organization’s Data - If companies could improve their data practices at five important stages, they could become much more effective at solving some of the most pressing problems they face.
- Pressure Doesn’t Have to Turn into Stress - Dr. Derek Roger had spent 30 years researching why some people in difficult situations become overwhelmed, while others persevere.
- Research: How Incentive Pay Affects Employee Engagement, Satisfaction, and Trust - Most managers would agree that motivated, productive employees are crucial for organizational success, regardless of company size, industry, or corporate strategy. The question is how to motivate them.
- How To Build An Effective Employee Onboarding System - I get to see teams of all shapes and sizes in my work helping organizations find their key staff. One of the common threads I’ve noticed in the most successful teams I’ve met is effective onboarding.
- 3 Habits That Make Hard Workers Look Like Bad Listeners When you think about your favorite leaders and friends, I’m sure one of the traits they have in common is that they’re terrific listeners.
- 5 Lines Everyone Wishes Their Co-workers Would Say to Them - It’s nice to be appreciated and connect with the people you work with. The thing is, no one’s a mind reader. However, I’m sure we can all agree you’d love to hear these lines more often.
Bonus: Beautiful New Words to Describe Obscure Emotions
John Koenig loves finding words that express our unarticulated feelings — like "lachesism," the hunger for disaster, and "sonder," the realization that everyone else's lives are as complex and unknowable as our own. Here, he meditates on the meaning we assign to words and how these meanings latch onto us.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone
We are in the Skills Business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams, and individuals. As our clients are in the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context.
Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our service. Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
As busy professionals, our schedules are often filled to the brim with meetings and tasks to complete. We can get so caught up with work that we might even forget our all-important lunch and power through dinner as well. Alas, we can only do so much given the 24 hours we have in a day. While time management is vital, being productive is another matter in its entirety.Enter time batching.