I hope that you’ve had a productive week!
I want to encourage you to stay motivated as we plough ahead into what many believe will be an "interesting" 2017. To that end, I’ve scoured the web for the latest, most motivating career-focused thoughts from inspiring people. Here they are!
- 5 Office Resolutions To Pursue in 2017 - Out with the old and in with the new, the start of a new year creates an opportunity for us to come up with new ways to make improvements to the office.
- How to Look After Your Physical and Mental Well Being at Work - While there is no single proven method to completely tackle work-related stress, here are a few simple tricks and small investments that would help you maintain your sanity in the office.
- 7 Ways To Make Your Job Meaningful Again - How do you find meaning in your work, even if your job isn’t obviously infused with deep meaning? Here’s how to get in touch with your work’s purpose.
- How to know when it's time to leave your job - Here are a few lessons learned about doing deep thinking to decide what's next.
- How to prepare now for a job search after Chinese New Year - The next two weeks may not be the best time to actually apply for a banking job in Asia, but you should make the most of this quiet time by laying the groundwork for your post-Chinese New Year job search.
- How to Turn an Interim Role into a Permanent Job - Here are some suggestions for increasing the likelihood of your success in an interim role.
- How Mindfulness Helped a Workplace Diversity Exercise - Ph.D Patricia Thompson shares about her experience of how being mindful about different cultures opened the vulnerability of a multiracial group.
- What Matters More to Your Workforce than Money - This slice of information could mean the difference between a workforce that is satisfied and productive and one that isn’t — costing your business money in the long run.
- The Best Way to Increase Your Productivity? Work Less! - Wouldn’t we all like to work less hours? Studies show that this can actually decrease your productivity.
Bonus: Sisonke Msimang: If a story moves you, act on it
Stories are necessary, but they're not as magical as they seem, says writer Sisonke Msimang. In this funny and thoughtful talk, Msimang questions our emphasis on storytelling and spotlights the decline of facts. During a critical time when listening has been confused for action, Msimang asks us to switch off our phones, step away from our screens and step out into the real world to create a plan for justice.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone
We are in the Skills Business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams, and individuals. As our clients are in the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context.
Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our service. Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.
We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
As busy professionals, our schedules are often filled to the brim with meetings and tasks to complete. We can get so caught up with work that we might even forget our all-important lunch and power through dinner as well. Alas, we can only do so much given the 24 hours we have in a day. While time management is vital, being productive is another matter in its entirety.Enter time batching.