SUCCEED IN YOUR INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENT IN SINGAPORE
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The aim of this training is to significantly improve your ability to meet the challenges of living and working in Singapore. Having a good understanding of the host culture will allow you to be more effective in your professional relationships and start on the right foot. The objective is to enhance your overall intercultural business skills and your specific knowledge on the local cultures which will help you to succeed in your assignment in this small but culturally diverse country. Our expert trainers will share their experience and knowledge of local working practices and help you leverage intercultural skills and strategies to increase your business impact as a manager in Singapore.
- Understand the background, cultural values and working practices of Singaporeans, including its subcultures.
- Be aware of your own preferred working style based on the results of your individual Cultural Profile.
- Identify the cultural gaps between yourself and Singaporean cultures and the impact this could have on business aspects such as decision-making, delegation, holding meetings, negotiations etc..
- Reduce and manage the symptoms of a possible culture shock.
- Develop strategies to adapt your communication and management style to increase your impact as a manager.
- Build and nurture your professional relationships with various stakeholders (colleagues, clients, suppliers etc.) in Singapore.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers and other business professionals who have recently started working in Singapore.
- Expatriates who are starting their international assignment in Singapore.
- Other business professionals who will be working or doing business in Singapore.
- Innovative and effective online tools: 12 months access!
- Nomad’ Profile®: Cultural Profile, Comparison tool, Country Packs
- Nomad’ Network®: preparing & following up on the training
- A theoretical as well as practical and concrete approach
- A personalized action plan with strategies to deal with the challenges of working in a remote team
- A senior trainer/consultant with expertise knowledge and experience of the cultural influence on business.
ABOUT AKTEOS ASIA
Akteos Asia, a joint-venture between Timeo-Performance and Akteos, is specialized in intercultural management trainings. With offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong, we serve the Asian business community by addressing the challenges of doing business in a multicultural business environment and providing intercultural skills and strategies to bridge cultural gaps and enhance overall business performance. Akteos consists of a worldwide network and offers more than 300 training courses. With the expertise of over 250 international Akteos consultants we carry out global training programs; from webinars, workshops and coaching to multiple days training and public courses.