Communicate with Impact across Cultures
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In today’s globalised business environment, there’s a good chance that you will interact with colleagues, business partners, or clients from different cultures. This increases the potential for misunderstandings, mistrust and communication breakdowns. This course will help you to have a better understanding of the various cultures that you work with in order to avoid these cultural missteps, communicate more effectively, and build stronger professional relationships. Our expert trainers will share their experience and knowledge of the influence of culture on communication practices and will help you leverage intercultural skills and strategies to increase your business impact.
At the end of this training, you will have acquired the necessary skills to:
- understand the background and cultures of the people you interact with professionally and how this influences business and communication styles.
- be aware of your own preferred communication and working style based on the results of your individual Cultural Profile.
- identify the cultural gaps between yourself and the cultures you work with and the impact this could have on your business dealings.
- analyse possible situations in which misunderstandings may arise and identify ways of improving communication.
- develop strategies and practical tools to adapt your communication style especially with regard to indirect and direct communication.
- build and maintain your professional relationships with any stakeholder (colleagues, clients, suppliers etc.) from a different cultural background.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers and other business professionals who are working or doing business in diverse cultures.
- Managers and employees who deal with international business relations (colleagues, clients, suppliers etc.) on a regular basis.
ONLINE TOOL – NOMAD’ PROFILER
The training includes 12 months access to our online tool Nomad’ Profiler / Network valued at S$120.
This exclusive resource provides the opportunity to create an individual Cultural Profile (based on 10 cultural dimensions) and compares the individual working preferences to other cultures to gain a fuller understanding of cultural differences and potential gaps to bridge.
ABOUT AKTEOS ASIA
Akteos Asia, a joint-venture between Timeo-Performance and Akteos, is specialized in intercultural management trainings. With offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong, we serve the Asian business community by addressing the challenges of doing business in a multicultural business environment and providing intercultural skills and strategies to bridge cultural gaps and enhance overall business performance. Akteos consists of a worldwide network and offers more than 300 training courses. With the expertise of over 250 international Akteos consultants we carry out global training programs; from webinars, workshops and coaching to multiple days training and public courses.