Senior Legal Counsel
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 12-05-2020APPLY NOW
As a member of the AMERA Legal team, you will provide general legal advice and support the business team and joint ventures, including M&A in various countries in the Asia Pacific, Middle East Russia Africa region (AMERA) and in certain fields such as advertising law and/or franchise or retail, in a high growth environment.
This position may require the management or cross-management of 1 or 2 junior lawyers. And it would also require some travels in the Region (approximately 5-10% initially).
Scope and responsibilities:
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of commercial / corporate matters, including but not limited to:
- Commercial contracts drafting, review and negotiation,
- Review marketing materials,
- General corporate legal issues,
- Legal support in various disputes (commercial, labor law…)
- IP: ensuring the proper use and application of group legal and IP rules
- Assist in providing legal support to M&A projects in the Region.
- Assist in the rolling out / applying the Group’s legal compliance strategies.
- Occasionally, ensure proper corporate administration and proper governance in subsidiaries: follow up of boards and shareholders’ meetings, company secretary for entities in his/her scope of competence.
- Actively participate in AMERA Legal Operations Projects (deployment of standard contracts and trainings, creation of online tools, implementation of new IT tools…
- More generally:
- Ensure the deployment of Group and AMERA legal best practices.
- Liaise with external legal advisers in the Region for the matters under his/her supervision.
- Escalate risks to direct reports.
- Interact with AMERA legal team and other functions including corporate (corporate and AMERA legal team, Finance, tax, IT, Compliance, IP, Insurance department, EHS etc.)
The ideal candidate:
- We are looking for a generalist business lawyer with solid practice experience in contract, commercial, corporate.
- Basic knowledge in antitrust and compliance
- Experience in a law firm (corporate, commercial, litigation)
- 10-15 years post-qualification experience in Singapore (experience in both private practice and in-house)
- Management Maturity – contract management, distribution, retail, anti-trust handling
- Experience in M&A is a plus
- Previous experience in healthcare industry (pharmaceutical, medical devices) or cosmetic industry or retail would be a plus
- International exposure and capacity to manage legal concerns cross-culturally and internationally
- Excellent English (expression and drafting skills required)
- Leadership and strategic skills, capacity to handle complexity and to manage priorities
- Strong drive, capacity to act as a project manager, with strong organization skills
- Understanding of the business’ goals and understands the strategy in order to constructively support the business realizing its goals - Ability to constructively challenge to protect the business’ interests from many stakeholder perspectives
- Customer oriented person, capacity to interact with business and to propose solutions
- Energetic and dynamic personality
- Capacity to be “hands-on”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – Capacity to handle multicultural environment
- Strong professional ethics
- Team player
- Singapore or Common law qualified lawyer / Civil law qualified
- Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB)