Senior Data Scientist
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 16-01-2020APPLY NOW
IT / Tech
Our client is hiring a
Senior Data Scientist
To be based in Kuala Lumpur
Our client, a public listed MNC with a portfolio of businesses spanning from property, hospitality to retail across many countries in Asia Pacific has now opened a digital division and is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist based in KL.
Expectations & Qualifications:
• Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering and data teams to strategise and execute the development of new products
• Analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
• Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
• Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
• This position will require you to have a thorough understanding of multiple data sources and data processing technologies
• You will be expected to demonstrate delivery of new ideas and innovative/out of the box thinking while helping to drive solutions for complex design challenges and implementation best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related discipline
• At least 5 years’ experience in data science. Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
• Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented environment with several ongoing concurrent projects
Basic Technical Skills:
• Experience working with Spark as well as other common data science toolkits such as R, Python
• Strong scripting and programming skills
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
• Experience extracting data from various data sources (SQL/NoSQL databases, data lakes, etc.)
• Experienced with processing various semi structured data sources (Avro, Parquet, JSON)
• Experience with cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Bigquery, Azure SQL
Applicant must be:
• Highly motivated to drive changes and learn new skills
• Open minded, quick learner, creative, innovative
• Team player, but also willing and able to work on his own
• Proactive and effective communicator
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Capable of working with remote teams
• Master’s degree in statistics, applied math, or related discipline
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Kafka, Delta Lake, Databricks etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with ETL/ELT tools: Talend, Informatica, Fivetran
• Experience with Agile - Scrum framework, TDD and GIT
• Understanding of code quality, unit testing, and continuous integration
• Enjoys working in fast, dynamic startup environment
For more information about this role, please contact Deepthi at: email@example.com Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We are in the skills business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams and individuals. As our clients are at the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context. Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our services.
Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Highest quality, proximity, pragmatism and energy define how we work. Feel the Timeo- Performance experience!
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D - EA License number: 09C4169