Senior Business Data Analyst
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 23-01-2020APPLY NOW
IT / Tech
Our client is hiring a
Senior Data Analyst
To be based in Kuala Lumpur
Our client, a public listed MNC with a portfolio of businesses spanning from property, hospitality to retail across many countries in Asia Pacific has now opened a digital division and is currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst based in KL.
Expectations & Qualifications:
• Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and analyzing new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering and business teams to strategize and execute better everyday
• Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
• Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
• Understand business needs and establish data analysis to help management and operating teams make decisions
• Design and operationalize the analysis and reports and train the respective teams to consume and use them to make decisions
• As part of the new data team you will be responsible to design and operationalize our next gen cloud data warehouse
• At least 8 years’ experience in data analytics or business intelligence. Proficiency with mathematics, and statistical analysis
• Top-notch business acumen
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related discipline
• Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
• Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented environment with several ongoing concurrent projects
• Highly energetic, independent & ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Basic Technical Skills:
• Experience using business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Python, Excel, JMP, SPSS, SAS etc)
• Experience extracting data from various data sources (SQL/NoSQL databases, data lakes, etc.)
• Experienced with processing various semi structured data sources (Avro, Parquet, JSON)
• Experience with cloud services: Snowflake, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Bigquery, Azure SQL
Applicant must be:
• Highly motivated to drive changes and learn new skills
• Open minded, quick learner, creative, innovative
• Team player, but also willing and able to work on his own
• Proactive and effective communicator
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Capable of working with remote teams
• Master’s degree in statistics, applied math, or related discipline
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Kafka, Delta Lake, Databricks etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Strong scripting and programming skills
• Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
For more information about this role, please contact Deepthi at: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We are in the skills business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams and individuals. As our clients are at the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context. Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our services.
Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Highest quality, proximity, pragmatism and energy define how we work. Feel the Timeo- Performance experience!
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D - EA License number: 09C4169