Operations Deputy Director
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 22-04-2019APPLY NOW
Operations / Production
Our client, a listed European multinational mining and metallurgy company with world leadership in alloying metals, is now recruiting an Operations Deputy Director to support the creation of a new plant in Indonesia.
Reporting directly to: Project Director.
Purpose of the position:
In the frame of the Project in Indonesia, you will be part of the Project Management team as well as a representative of The Group in the company in order to:
- Participate in the construction project of the plant, and supporting facilities
- Support the preparation of operations of the plant and then become a key manager in the operations (exact scope to be defined according to technical background)
- Support the Site Director on the project to open (road and infrastructure Capex) and operate the Project mine operation
- Interface between the Group and the JV Partner on the management of the Project.
You will be responsible for 3 levels of operations including port, manufacturing and the mining center. You will be in charge of coordinating the construction project of a new plant, supporting the preparation of operations and being the key contact between two entities, in the Joint-Venture context.
Deputy Operations Manager for plant: In that role, you will need to exercise a large degree of independent judgment and initiative, to keep an eye on day to day operation activities to ensure the production in safe and efficient way. In particular, pay special focus for all environmental, health and safety matters relating to operations on site.
Interface: Be the interface between the Corporate teams and local management team, to ensure that the Group best practices and standards can be considered in operations. Also make sure that management positions are shared and understood by the Group.
Leadership and company culture: Communicate and coordinate regularly with Chinese management, European teams, subcontractors, relevant departments to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
Reporting and budgeting: Provides regular operations updates to the management, ensures the operation’s progress and data to be circulated within the JV shareholders. Take the lead with finance team to make sure that detailed budget and forecast for operations are prepared and compared with actual.
Continuous improvements: Develop and review the internal processes and procedures and provide recommendations for process improvements and cost savings plan.
Skills & Requirements:
- Engineer degree is a must (in chemical or metallurgical fields preferred, but construction, mining, maintenance expertise also possible).Experience: 10 to 15 years in Asia, with large team management experience (at least 5 to 10 years) – plant or industrial project management a plus, in a multinational company.
- Experience in remote area operation preferred
- Needs to be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese (Indonesian Bahasa would be a plus).
- Systematic and logical approach to solving problems.
- Strong leadership skills and can work well as a team player.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, pro-active and flexible.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a real commitment to continuous improvement.
For more information about this role, please contact Nora Meuric at firstname.lastname@example.org (Personal Registration ID: R1872802).
We are in the skills business.
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance aims to provide solutions for increased performance of companies, teams and individuals.
As our clients are at the centre of global business and often serve the APAC region, all of our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context. Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with CrossKnowledge, a digital learning solutions provider, have therefore been organic and logical additions to our services.
Born and raised in Asia since 2008, Timeo-Performance support their clients across the region, from their offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Bangkok (2019).
Highest quality, proximity, pragmatism and energy define how we work. Feel the Timeo-Performance experience!