Lead Data Engineer
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 16-01-2020APPLY NOW
Our client is hiring a
Senior Developer, Lead Data Engineer
To be based in Kuala Lumpur
Our client, a public listed MNC with a portfolio of businesses spanning from property, hospitality to retail across many countries in Asia Pacific has now opened a digital division and is currently seeking a Senior Developer, Lead Data Engineer based in KL.
Expectations & Qualifications :
• As the Data Engineer you are expected to champion software that is fast, simple yet reliable with emphasis on scalability, quality and performance.
• Your role will focus on building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• You will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects
• Being a startup like division, we are required to prioritize, be flexible, agile and able deliver results fast. You are expected to work with the business and product teams to design and develop solutions that meet the requirements while sticking to a tight schedule.
• This position will require you to have a thorough understanding of multiple data sources and data processing technologies
• You will be expected to demonstrate delivery of new ideas and innovative/out of the box thinking while helping to drive solutions for complex design challenges and implementation best practices.
You will be responsible for tuning and optimizing performance (L&P) as well as uncompromised code quality control
• Relevant formal education: Computer science/ Information system or a similar degree
• At least 7 years’ experience in software development
• At least 3 years’ data engineering experience handling large scale Big Data projects.
Basic Technical Skills:
• Experience working with Spark
• Excellent understanding of code quality, unit testing, and continuous integration
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experienced with processing various semi structured data sources (Avro, Parquet, JSON)
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience with cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Bigquery, Azure SQL
Applicant must be:
• Experienced in translating requirements to working software
• Highly motivated to drive changes and learn new skills
• Open minded, quick learner, creative, innovative
• Team player, but also willing and able to work on his own
• Proactive and effective communicator
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Capable of working with remote teams and 3rd party software integrators
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Kafka, Delta Lake, Databricks etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with ETL/ELT tools: Talend, Informatica, Fivetran
• Experience with Agile - Scrum framework, TDD and GIT
• Enjoys working in fast, dynamic startup environment.
For more information about this role, please contact Deepthi at: email@example.com Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We are in the skills business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams and individuals. As our clients are at the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context. Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our services.
Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Highest quality, proximity, pragmatism and energy define how we work. Feel the Timeo- Performance experience!
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D - EA License number: 09C4169