Global Category Manager
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 26-07-2019APPLY NOW
Marketing / Communication
Mission/ Position Summary – Purpose and Objectives of the Role
Global Marketing Team manages the Category growth for all the global brands and non-branded products for the Company. The team is mostly based in France with an extended team in Singapore. The team in Singapore leads the strategy, upstream innovation and consumer experience for few key categories on a global scale including Myopia/Near sightedness which is a one of the strategic priorities for the group.
As part of the Global Marketing Team (GMT) based here in Singapore we are looking for an experienced Category manager to lead the category strategy and product/commercial innovations and launch for the myopia business for Adults. The role also includes managing the mid-tier business development and few key projects for the same category closely with the respective regions.
Scope of Business / Function – Key Areas of Expertise / Responsibilities
- As part of the category team in GMT you will be the Global lead point of contact for exchange of myopia initiatives being done for the Adults segment.
- Depending on the region, the role many focus on new category development or growth of existing categories.
- This will include building category strategy, gathering insights, building product/commercial innovations, taking them through the stage gate process to eventual global/regional launch across different tier segments.
- This will be a cross-functional, cross regional role and you will be required to collaborate with multiple internal and external teams to identify and work towards possible opportunities/solutions.
- Clearly lead and communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders including company’s top global and regional management.
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission of improving lives by improving sight.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
Knowledge / Experience
- Marketing strategy, Category growth, Innovation and Research experience preferred.
- Experience to work with technical products and interact with R&D department
- Proven 6/7 yrs of work experience in a global/regional marketing role preferably in a B2B/B2C environment.
- Experience in Optical or consumer industry is preferred.
- Global/Regional Experience is preferred. Experience in emerging markets in a plus
- Management experience: 2/3 years of experience (Included)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience delivering consumer-focused value propositions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Transversal and functional management experience
- Experience in insight generation, product conception and development
- Analytical and process oriented
- Entrepreneur mindset
- International experience and used to work and collaborate in multi-cultural and multi-located teams
BA/BS degree in Marketing/Business Administration; MBA would be a plus.
English is Mandatory. French is a plus.