AVP, Software Engineering Lead
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 11-06-2019APPLY NOW
IT / Tech
Our client is hiring an AVP, Software Engineering Lead to be based in Singapore.
Our client, a public listed MNC with a portfolio of businesses spanning from property, hospitality to retail across many countries in Asia Pacific are currently seeking an Assistant VP,Software Engineering Lead based in Singapore.
As part of this expansion we are looking for an experienced leader who is a top-notch engineer capable of leading our new platforms development and architecture.
Key Role Responsibilities
This role will focus on architecting, developing and launching technologies and platforms necessary to grow the company’s digital business.
Apart from overseeing the ecommerce development, the individual and his team are required to support the retail business technology needs and participate in the group’s digitization roadmap including recommending, implementing and/or developing various capabilities like company intranet portal, company corporate website, CMS system for the operation teams etc.
- As the development lead you are expected to champion software that is fast, simple yet solid and stable with emphasis on security, scalability, extensibility and usability.
- This position will require you to have a thorough understanding of leading ecommerce and logistics solutions as well as a strong business sense
- You will be expected to demonstrate delivery of new ideas and innovative/out of the box thinking while helping to drive solutions for complex design challenges and implementation best practices.
- You will be responsible for tuning and optimizing performance (L&P) as well as uncompromised code quality control
- Relevant formal education: Computer science/ Information system or a similar degree
- 8-10 years’ experience in software development, preferably Internet and/or ecommerce related
- At least 5 years’ relevant management experience in software development handling large scale software projects.
- Knowledge of OO and functional programming principles, techniques & design patterns
- Excellent understanding of code quality, unit testing, and continuous integration
Applicant must be:
- Able to lead and motivate teams to achieve their goal
- Experienced in translating requirements to working software
- Highly motivated to drive changes and learn new skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time.Capable of managing remote teams and 3rd party software integrators
- Willing to travel regularly to meet oversea teams
- Solid experience and knowledge in PHP
- Experience with Magento platforms and/or PHP
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Agile - Scrum framework, TDD and GIT
For more information about this role, please contact deepthi at: email@example.com
Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
♦ About Timeo-Performance
We are in the skills business!
Through recruitment, training and consulting, Timeo-Performance provides solutions for increased performance of companies, teams and individuals.
As our clients are at the center of global business and often serve the APAC region, our solutions need to be sustainable in a multicultural and remote context. Our joint venture with Akteos, the European leader in intercultural training, and partnership with digital learning solutions provider CrossKnowledge have therefore been organic and logical additions to our services.
Timeo-Performance has been helping companies in APAC increase business performance since 2008 with offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Highest quality, proximity, pragmatism and energy define how we work. Feel the Timeo-Performance experience!
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D - EA License number: 09C4169