About this course
Unpredictable business challenges in the dynamic workplaces of the future requires employees to show more Personal Initiative (PI) than ever before. However, the current concepts of performance and organizational structure create employees with behaviour that is more reactive than pro-active. Taking initiative in the workplace is not an optional skill for success, rather it is an essential skill to get a job, keep a job, improve performance, get promoted, increase personal job satisfaction, increase pay and benefits, receive awards and recognition and create opportunities to be a success in any organization. If you don’t learn how to take initiative, then you might struggle in a modern business environment that is increasingly demanding and striving for higher performance using the same resources or even less.
Taking initiative is an invisible and elusive skill. This training will make this skill accessible by exploring the science behind it and learning the habits that can be mastered:
- Develop Personal Initiative (PI) as a work behaviour that is self-starting and proactive, and help you to be goal focused.
- Create ownership and motivation to accomplish more.
- Automatically take initiative using structured steps and eliminating fear of failure.
- Increase your value to your teams, departments and organisation.
- Avoid procrastination caused by the ‘fear of the unknown’.
Who should attend
Business professionals who:
- want to improve their personal impact and influence on business results.
- want to progress in their career and feel they need to show more initiative and visibility in their work.
- need to take on more responsibility for career progression.
- are looking for more job satisfaction.