Section manager / Department manager (Flagship store, Luxury)
TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 05-06-2018
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Our client, a global leading luxury brand, is looking for a new Section / Department manager for their flagship store in Hong Kong.
- take ownership of the women ready-to-wear store department,
- lead and coach a team of managers and client advisors
- provide full support to the Store Management in building Client relationships
- drive the Department’s performance.
This position involves strong team and people management skills, very high standards of customer service, together with hands-on sales and operations responsibilities.
Team Management and Development
- Develop Managers to ensure teams deliver the brand’s promise to every client, supporting them with individual coaching and training plans
- Identify, recruit and develop talents, secure succession plans in collaboration with the Store Director
- Set individual and team goals; and sales targets;
- Manage and motivate the team to drive business
Client and Business Development
- Support the team in building long term Client relationship
- Establish a Client-centric mindset in store to ensure the highest level of Client experience
- Communicate and inspire the team on corporate strategy
- Develop the business of your Department
- Define and implement action plans to boost business and maximize product performance,
Selling and Floor Management
- Act as a role model to the team, supporting them with their own sales
- Build and develop own Client portfolio
- Ensure business opportunities are maximized through efficient sales floor management
- Provide consistent and qualitative feedback to the team, coach them on the spot and coach Managers in coaching their own teams
- Ensure policies, standards and company procedures are communicated and implemented
- Be accountable for inventory management
- Support Global Store Manager in staff planning (workforce management)
- Monitor store maintenance (depending on the store size)
- Organize communication with business partners such as department stores (if applicable)
Expected professional experience
- At least 10 years in-store experience in the retail industry, including 3 to 4 years in fashion / ready-to-wear
- At least 2 years experience as Store manager or Department manager in very large stores, involving direct management of large teams
- Knowledgeable on fashion trends, with styling experience preferred
- Good Clienteling and interpersonal skills
Timeo-Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Bangkok. Timeo-Performance provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543
Reg 200811838D / EA License number: 09C4169