TIMEO-PERFORMANCE | SINGAPORE
Posted On 12-10-2018
Purchasing / Supply Chain
Established in 1987, our client is a warehousing company providing storage and value added services to their clients. Due to business expansion, they are currently looking for an experienced and forward-looking Warehouse Manager to join their reputable organisation.
Warehouse Manager is the overall lead and person responsible for all work activities, business planning and overall performance of each warehouse site, which includes both operational and financial performance. While the Warehouse Manager reports functionally to the General Manager for Operations, the person is still accountable for other functional responsibilities as had been assigned within a matrix reporting structure.
- Accountable for overall site-level business performance, including operational and financial performance
- Responsible for operational planning for routine business and operational activities, including inbound/outbound work, order management, customer relationships, issue escalation and problem solving
- Lead team of Supervisors and Warehouse Assistants at each site, responsible for their work performance, training and annual appraisal
- Manage site-level direct costs, budget and P&L; prepare revenue forecasts, drive volume and activities as part of revenue generation
- Manage, plan and use resources for optimal business outcomes; labour, equipment, facility, etc.
- Meet or exceed internal and customer KPIs, especially level of customer service and customer satisfaction
- Work with other departments to deliver functional goals and initiatives e.g. Safety, Security, HR practices, Facility Maintenance, IT system, Billing/Invoicing and Procurement, ISO certification, etc
- Effectively communicate and implement company initiatives, policies and SOP at site
- Ensure clean, hygienic working and warehouse conditions at all times
- Ensure proper care of equipment
- Implement cost savings initiatives
- Conduct daily tool-box briefings, end-day debriefing
- To be based at individual site
- Represent site as Member of Safety Committee
- Diploma or Degree holder, preferably in Logistics or Supply Chain discipline
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) or supply chain industry, preferably in logistics project implementation, operations or related role.
- Good understanding of logistics and supply chain operating processes.
- Good problem solving and time management skills with ability to work under pressure, multitask, prioritize and adhere to strict timelines
- Ability to prepare and document procedure manuals.
- Ability to work and interact effectively with stakeholders from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communicator with effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player with “can-do” attitude, initiative and demonstrated ability to lead on a project basis
- Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Internet, web-based and specific job-related software such as MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience in Logistics related software and system e.g. VMS, CRM, TMS, AutoCAD, Visio, etc.
For more information on this role, please contact Eric at email@example.com (R1110985)
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone.
Timeo-Performance has been helping companies Assess, Build and Develop teams and talents in APAC since 2008. We are Recruitment, Training and Business/HR Performance experts and our priority is to help you grow and succeed. We understand your culture, organization and objectives and deliver outstanding results crafted for you. We thrive to bring best practices, innovative and integrated solutions with our selected partners: Akteos (intercultural management), Cross-Knowledge (digital learning) and more. We love what we do, feel the Timeo-Performance experience.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd – 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D - EA License number: 09C4169